FOR FDE ORDERS PLEASE ALLOW UP TO 45 DAYS FOR ORDER PROCESSING. COATING WILL BE DONE AS A BATCH HENCE THE EXTENDED LEAD TIME.
The Handl Defense Mk 17 Advanced Fore Rail Assembly for the FN SCAR®16, FN SCAR® 17S, and Mk.17 type rifles, is another public release from the Handl Defense Mk.17/ Mk.20 Enhancement Program. Originally intended for USSOCOM, the Handl Defense Mk 17 Advanced Fore Rail Assembly utilizes the Magpul M-Lok system to provide a more diverse range of mounting points. The design rapidly dissipates heat, allows for better salt water drainage, and improves ergonomics. It enhances system performance and retains the FN SCAR® quick change barrel system.
The Handl Defense Mk 17 Advanced Fore Rail Assembly provides the end user with more options for mounting accessories, while improving ergonomics. It was designed with a different profile in order to allow the user a better hand index. The mounting locations run the full length of the system, to include mount points at the 2 and 10 o’clock positions. Continuous top rail allows for longer sight radius and streamline appearance while still allowing user access to the gas regulator. The Handl Defense Mk 17 Advanced Fore Rail system is designed to work with all Mk.17 accessories and exceed the standards outlined in the Mk 17 CAR-H Spec Sheet of 2011.
Members of USSOCOM requested a fore rail assembly that was cooler after sustained rates of full auto fire. The Handl Defense Mk 17 Advanced Fore Rail allows the FN SCAR® rifle to radically increase heat evacuation from around the trunnion, chamber, and barrel. Handl Defense Mk 17 Advanced Fore Rail equipped rifles well exceeded the cook off standards for the CAR-H Spec Sheet.
The Handl Defense Mk 17 Advanced Fore Rail Assembly is constructed out of carbon fiber to decrease weight while maintaining the effective strength of 6061-T6 aluminum. The 3k 2×2 twill is capable of sustaining high amounts of lateral flex and torsional loads. The assembly exceeds the structural requirements outlined in the CAR-H Spec Sheet of 2011.
The Handl Defense Mk17 Advanced Fore Rail Assembly is designed to use the Magpul M-LOK system. The user can install any M-LOK interface to attach a wide variety of accessories on the market.
Members of USSOCOM requested different ergonomics, better heat mitigation, and more MIL-STD 1913 rail space. We took the feedback from the field, combined it with our knowledge of small arms, use of advanced materials, and developed an unmatched fore rail system for the FN SCAR® and Mk 17 type rifles.
Carbon Fiber Specs:
- 3k 2×2 twill to provide protection against abrasion.
- The internal plies consist of a proprietary lay-up to achieve optimal performance.
- The Handl Defense Mk17 Advanced Hand Rail utilizes a toughened epoxy resin system that is optimized for the most critical aesthetic requirements. This thermoset resin, in combination with carbon reinforcement, provides a robust platform that has excellent mechanical properties, chemical resistance, thermal stability, and overall durability.
- When using this hand guard over a suppressor or high heat areas, the material will maintain a longer operating time for the shooter than compared to an aluminum counterpart.
- Thermoset Resin: This resin will not “melt”. The burn off point is over 1000 degrees Fahrenheit . The Handl Defense Mk17 Advanced Fore Rail will maintain structural integrity under any feasible condition.
- Weight: 5.8 oz.
- Length: 14″
- Hardware: Stainless Steel (for corrosion resistance) then blackened for a uniform finish
- Construction: 3K 2×2 Twill Carbon Fiber
- Resin: Aero-Space Thermoset Resin
- Modular accessory rails: Magpul M-LOK pattern
- Features: Magpul M-LOK Attachment System
- Quick change barrel retained
- More controllable shooting ergonomics
- Removable 6 o’clock front rail
- Continuous top rail allows for cleaner look and longer sight radius
- Flat bottom for more controlled shooting from rest or bag
- Decreased heat transfer to shooter
- Lighter weight compared to alloy
- Increased air flow for better cooling
- Modular rail design (Magpul M-LOK)
- All Mk 17 accessory compatible, to include Mk.13 EGLM
- Compliant with durability and static load requirements of the Mk.17 CAR-H spec sheet of 2011
- 1x Carbon Fiber Fore Rail
- 3x Accessory Rails (6 o’clock rear, 6 o’clock front M-LOK, 12 o’clock M-LOK)
- 2x Flush mount mid receiver support screws
- 2x Primary mounting screws
- Upper and lower receiver end cap w/ hardware
- Installation instructions (available on website)
- Handl Defense UV Resistant Sticker
Click here for installation instructions: handldefense.wpengine.com/installation.
Don’t want to install your Advanced Fore-Rail System yourself? Check out our services.
FN SCAR® is a trademark owned by FN HERSTAL, S.A. Handl Defense LLC’s use of “FN SCAR®” “FN SCAR® 17S” “FN SCAR® 16S” or any variation of “FN SCAR®”, is in no way intended to misidentify goods or services, or to cause a likelihood of confusion. Handl Defense recognizes the trademark “FN SCAR®” belongs to FN HERSTAL, S.A. Handl Defense LLC consumers who purchase any Handl Defense LLC product must assume that the product or service it represents is not associated with the source of a different product or service. Mk. 17 is a U.S. government designation for a specific type of firearm. Handl Defense LLC’s use of “Mk.17” “Mk.17 CAR-H” or “Mk.17 type rifle” is in reference only to that U.S. government designation, or products intended for it. Handl Defense LLC products are different in function and design, from FN SCAR® components, and therefore cannot constitute a trade dress infringement. Handl Defense LLC takes no responsibility and accepts no liability for, mistakes, confusion, or misinterpretations of third parties.