Handl Defense introduces the Mk 17 – AK. The Mk 17 – AK is the result of over three years of development for the Mk.17 / Mk.20 enhancement program. This is another Handl Defense product unlocking the unique versatility of the Mk 17 platform. Handl Defense again showing our ability of taking the Mk 17 to the next level. Made in the USA from 7075-T6 aluminum. The Mk 17 – AK is a completely re-engineered lower receiver. We have specifically designed the magazine-well to be compatible with standard AK-47 type magazines. This design offers the user an ergonomic and ambidextrous way to release the magazine. We redesigned the grip tang to accept various M16/M4 compatible grips. Additionally, we re-contoured the arch above the grip to accommodate gloved and smaller hands, allowing easier access to the fire controls.
This lower has been internally tested to standards for the Mk.17/ Mk.20 CAR-H program. The lower is part of the Handl Defense Mk.17/ Mk.20 Enhancement Program, submitted in March of 2012 to USSOCOM. The Handl Defense Mk 17 – AK trigger module was designed by and for members of Special Operations Command with an emphasis on Unconventional Warfare (UW). It also allows Special Operation Forces conducting TSCP missions to utilize host nation logistics.
▪ Tested to and beyond Military Standard
▪ Battle proven magazine system
▪ 7075-T6 Aluminum
▪ No magazine-well flex or receiver flex
▪ User-friendly ergonomics
▪ Compatible with most AR-15 pistol grips
▪ Drilled & Tapped grip screw hole
▪ Factory FN SCAR® lower parts DO NOT require any modification for installation
▪ Material: CNC Machined 7075-T6 Aluminum
▪ Finish: Type III Hard Coat Anodizing Black (mil-spec) *
▪ Magazine: AK-47 type magazines
▪ Grip: Various AR-15 compatible grips
▪ Weight: 10 oz.
▪ All steps and processes in the manufacturing of the Mk 17 – AK trigger module is in accordance with US Military standards.
* Tan receivers are anodized then painted with a mil spec baked on finish to ensure color consistency and durability.
** Please note. This item is for the stripped receiver only. If you want the full kit to convert your FN SCAR®17s or Mk.17 type rifle to the Mk 17 – AK rifle you will need to purchase the caliber conversion kit which comes with everything you need.
FN SCAR® is a trademark owned by FN HERSTAL, S.A. Handl Defense LLC’s use of “FN SCAR®” “FN SCAR® 17S” “FN SCAR® 16S” or any variation of “FN SCAR®”, is in no way intended to misidentify goods or services, or to cause a likelihood of confusion. Handl Defense recognizes the trademark “FN SCAR®” belongs to FN HERSTAL, S.A. Handl Defense LLC consumers who purchase any Handl Defense LLC product must assume that the product or service it represents is not associated with the source of a different product or service. Mk. 17 is a U.S. government designation for a specific type of firearm. Handl Defense LLC’s use of “Mk.17” “Mk.17 CAR-H” or “Mk.17 type rifle” is in reference only to that U.S. government designation, or products intended for it. Handl Defense LLC products are different in function and design, from FN SCAR® components, and therefore cannot constitute a trade dress infringement. Handl Defense LLC takes no responsibility and accepts no liability for, mistakes, confusion, or misinterpretations of third parties.