The Handl Defense AFR 2 (Advanced Fore Rail Assembly) for the FN SCAR® 16, FN SCAR® 17S is the first aluminum handguard we’ve offered and maintains many of the same features that the original did. Like Magpul M-Lok at the 3, 6 and 9 O’clock positions. The carbine length version adds 3” of length to the rifle covering the gas block, still retains the quick change barrel capability. Type III hard coat anodized and all stainless steel hardware for durability and of course its still proudly made in the U.S.A.
- Added weight: 5 oz.
- Total kit weight: 10.30oz
- Total length: 9.75
- Additional rail space to front of rifle: 3”
- Black oxidized Stainless Steel hardware
- Modular accessory rails: Magpul M-LOK pattern
- Construction: 6061-T6 aluminum
- Finish: Type III hard coat anodized
- Quick change barrel retained
- More controllable shooting ergonomics
- Removable 6,3 and 9 o’clock rails
- Flat bottom for more controlled shooting from rest or bag
- Increased air flow for better cooling
- Modular rail design (Magpul M-LOK)
- Additional accessory mounting capabilities
- 1x Advanced Fore Rail
- 2x Accessory Rails (6 o’clock rear, 6 o’clock front M-LOK)
- 2x Flush mount mid receiver support screws
- 2x Primary mounting screws
- Upper and lower receiver end cap w/ hardware
- Installation instructions (available on website)
- Handl Defense Sticker
Handl Defense does not warranty color match in FDE due to properties of anodizing that result in color variation from the factory as well as the fore rail.