This Policy is broken down into several Sections. You can follow the links below to a particular Section, or read the entire policy here.
Table of Contents
I. Information We Collect On the Site and How We Use It
You can visit our Web Site and learn about the services we provide without providing personal information. You do need to provide personal information. We do not collect any personal information on the Site unless you provide it voluntarily. However, certain non-personally identifiable information, such as IP address, is collected automatically from every Site visitor, even if not voluntarily provided.
We collect and use personal information in the specific ways listed below, and generally to improve our Site and services to you, as well as to meet our legal obligations. We also use personal information you provide for other purposes consistent with the reason you provide such information to us.
You can decide if and how your computer will accept cookies by configuring your preferences option within your web browser. To disable this function in your web browser, choose the “help” menu and follow the instructions for deleting cookies and preventing your browser from downloading additional cookies. If you choose to reject cookies, you can still browse our Site, but you may be unable to post on the Site or use the Site as a buyer or seller, or otherwise to access certain aspects of the services available on the Site. We do not store personal or confidential information in cookies (although our third party advertisers may – see below under “Third Party Advertising”)
8. General Uses. In addition to the foregoing, we will use your personal information as specifically described on the Site at the time of collection. We may also use your information internally to customize your experience with our company and our Site (for example, adapting the Site to your browser), to help us develop new products and services, or to verify your identity.
II. How We Share Your Information
We hire contractors to provide certain services on our behalf, including trend and statistical analysis, information processing and storage, and development of new products and services. As part of their services to us, these contractors may have access to some or all of the data that we maintain, including transaction data and your personal information, but they are always required to maintain the confidentiality of information they receive from us and are restricted from using the information for any purposes other than those authorized by us.
We do not share your personal information with any third parties for such third parties’ marketing purposes, unless you have opted into such sharing.
III. Communications From the Site and Your Choices
The Site sends three types of email communications: (1) notifications related to site or order activity, (2) ‘Saved Search’ notifications, and (3) opt-in newsletters and promotional email messages.
IV. Children’s Privacy
The Site is not intended for or directed to persons less than 18 years of age. We do not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from or about children, and we do not knowingly market our services to children. If you are under 18 years of age, do not use the Site.
V. For Persons Outside the United States
The Site has reasonable security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. When you submit sensitive information via our Sites, such as credit card information, that information is subject to secure sockets layer (SSL) encryption technology. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information during transmission, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or receive from us. We urge you to take steps to keep your personal information safe (including your account password), log out of your account after use, and close your web browser. If you do share your password or personal information with anyone, you are responsible for all actions taken in your account’s name. If you lose control of your password, you may lose considerable control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Because of this, if the security of your password has been compromised in any way, you are responsible for immediately notifying us and for changing your password.
You can review your personal information by logging into our Site, and you should act to update it promptly upon changes in your personal information or to correct any errors in it. You might not be able to alter or delete a public posting once you make it. At your request, we will close your account and make your personal information not publicly viewable as soon as reasonably possible, in accordance with applicable law.
VII. Other Site-Related Items
1. Public Forums. The Site makes chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or news groups available to its users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information. We strongly recommend that you do not post your email address or other personal information in our forums because this information is publicly available for anyone to see and unscrupulous third parties may use this information to form ‘spam’ lists or may otherwise misuse this information. We are not responsible for the use or misuse of information posted by you in public forums by other users of the Site
2. Third Party Advertising. Where we have identified a specific third party advertising company below as a “Third Party Advertising Company,” we may use such third-party advertising company to serve ads when you visit our Site. This third-party advertising company may also separately place or recognize a cookie file on your browser in the course of delivering advertisements to the Site. Using cookies or other technology, this company may use information about your computer, combined with personally identifiable information or other non-personally identifiable information collected by the advertiser, about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you on our website, other Web sites, and other forms of media. You may visit the website of the advertiser, shown below, to learn more about its practices with respect to personal data, and to opt-out where possible, or you may visit the following website to opt out of this practice by multiple advertisers.
3. Other Sites. The Site may contain links to the websites of third parties. We are not responsible for and have no liability for the privacy policies or practices of those websites. We recommend that you review the privacy policies of each website you visit.
4. Submissions. Suggestions, materials or other intellectual property sent or transmitted to us via our Site are governed by the separate terms applicable to such materials identified at the time of submission (if any). All such items shall be deemed to be non-confidential, and we shall have no obligation of any kind with respect to such items and shall be free to use and distribute them to others without limitation, including, but not limited to developing and marketing products incorporating them.
IX. Contacting Us
You may review, update and modify your Registration Information by logging in and visiting your Handl Defense / Account Info on the Site. You may also change your communications preferences by visiting Handl Defense / Preferences in order to unsubscribe from or opt in to certain email communications from the Site.
If you have any concern about the privacy practices of the Site, please contact us at following address with a detailed description, and we will try to resolve it.
Effective Date: Apri. 20, 2015